ATLANTA – Aug. 25, 2011 – Cox Media Group (CMG) has named new format leaders for its seven radio formats as part of its new radio structure.
The format leaders, all program directors in various CMG radio markets who will report directly to CMG’s new Director of Radio Programming Steve Smith, will be members of the strategic team in their assigned genre or region. They will act as internal consultants for CMG’s leadership team and will provide insight into specific local formats based on their expertise.
The new format leaders are:
- Contemporary Hit Radio (CHR): Jeremy Rice, BLI 106.1 FM on Long Island
- Adult Contemporary (AC): Steve Hunter, CMG Tulsa cluster
- Rock: Michael “Shark” Sharkey, WSUN 97X FM and WHPT 102.5 FM The Bone in Tampa
- Classic Rock: Steve Smith, who also is CMG’s director of programming
- Urban: Tony Kidd, CMG Atlanta cluster, and Phil Trueba, WHQT Hot 105 FM in Miami
- Country: Len Shackelford, CMG Orlando cluster, and Randy Chase, KCYY 100 FM in San Antonio
- News/Talk: Nick Roberts, CMG Ohio in Dayton and Louisville clusters
“CMG has tapped into the amazing talent that exists within our radio businesses to help chart a even more competitive course that will provide the best music and news/talk formats for our valued listeners,” said CMG Group Vice President Ben Reed. “Industry veteran Steve Smith, who joined CMG last month, will oversee this proven team and will provide a cohesive link between our local markets and our group vice president leadership team.”
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group, Inc. is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of Cox Reps. With $1.8 billion in revenue, the company operations include 15 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 85 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. Additionally, CMG owns and operates Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.